Google has finally unveiled the most loved YouTube ads of the last decade. Turkish Airline’s ‘Kobe vs Messi: The Selfie ShootOut‘ video has been chosen by the YouTube subscribers as the no 1 favorite ad of the last decade. Celebrating the 10th anniversary in partnership with Webby Awards, YouTube said the Turkish Airline’s ad, a follow-up to their 2012 Legends on Board spot, was an instant hit on YouTube.
The video which has been produced in collaboration with Crispin Porter + Bogusky and Starcom bringing two of the world’s biggest sports superstars against each other in a game of selfie-shooting one-upmanship, has viewed over 25 million times in the first three days!
“Cleverly combining the world’s newfound ‘selfie’ obsession with the star-power of Kobe Bryant and Messi, the ad found it’s way to the top of both the December 2013 and Cannes Special Edition YouTube Ads Leaderboards”, YouTube said in a press release.
Here are the top 5 most loved YouTube video ads of the last 10 years:
1) Turkish Airlines – Kobe vs Messi: The Selfie ShootOut
2) Volkswagen- The Force (Deutsch Los Angeles, MediaCom)
3) LikeAGirl (Leo Burnett, Starcom MediaVest Group)
4) Volvo Trucks- The Epic Split feat. Van Damme (Forsman & Bodenfors)
5) Dove Real Beauty Sketches – You’re more beautiful than you think (Ogilvy Brazil, PHD, Mindshare.)